“We are living in unprecedented times” is a phrase that has become so familiar in the news lately, that going a day without it comes as a surprise to me. Our daily routines have been put on pause, and a new normal is what we must learn to adapt to.
Industries around the world cannot function like business as usual – and the Wedding Industry is no exception. As a planner, I’ve learned to expect what could go wrong on wedding day based on what I know about my couples. In all my years of planning, nothing in my experience could ever prepare me for this – and I’m sure others feel the same. There was no contingency plan in place for a pandemic.
Since the first case of COVID-19 was announced where I live (Winnipeg, Manitoba), I have been thinking about the impact it would have on my couples, and the vendor friends I work with. I’ve built my company on the belief that collaborations create the best celebrations, and creating this video was no exception.
Seeing this come together was an event in itself – writing the message, collaborating with as many vendors and asking them to take part (no matter what role they play), assigning the lines accordingly, getting them to record the videos, asking their families to join, receiving them in a timely manner, directing the final cut as it was being edited and stitched together, finding the right song – as it took place all within 5 days.
If your wedding plans have been put on hold because of this pandemic, and if you are a vendor in the wedding industry, this video was created for you. Though we may not know when we’ll get to go back to doing what we love at weddings, we do know this pandemic will end. Until then, take comfort that you’re not in this alone. We are thinking of you. We will get through this, and the best way forward is together.
I want to extend my deepest gratitude to everyone who took part. Though they are credited in the video, I would also like to acknowledge them here (in order of appearance). We have so many talented vendors in Manitoba! Please reach out to them if you are looking for help with your wedding!
- Lauren Wiebe of Stone House Creative
- Sheri Hill of Joining Hearts
- Christina Kroeker of Christina Kroeker Creative
- Belin Rodikli of Belin Rodikli Photography
- Chantelle Dione of Chantelle Dione Photography
- Kelly Hastman Cherewick of The Artist Groupe
- Leanne Rajotte of Prairie Sky Events
- Dianne Wiebe of La Lune Event Venue
- Derek Bogdan of Derek Bogdan Photography
- Sheryl Hunnie of Marry Me, Hunnie
- Heather Tardiff of Heather Tardiff Photography
- Elisabeth Schalla of The Rustic Wedding Barn
- Jeannette Brigit of Turning Points: Marriage Commissioner
- Nancy Arnold of Kiex Fotography
- Debbie Kapryza of Outta Site Luxury Linens
- Andrea Mancini of Soiree Event Planning
- Sambath San of 6 Degrees Photobooth
- Louise Serpa of Bel-Ayre Rentals
- Melissa Johnstone of Sugar + Soul Photography
- Rosangela and Tatiana of Ornare Event Rentals
- Alex Younger of Alexandra Lillian Weddings and Events
- Kalina Denault of Kalina Denault Photography
- Raydan Zacharias of Divine Weddings
- Holly Evans of Evergreen Weddings
- Ashley Hudrick of Ready Set Wedding
- Bryanne Krahn of Simply You Wedding & Events
- Nina Notaro of Cake Studio
- Ana Martinez of AMC Studio
- Allie Reardon Smith of Kinloch Grove
- Meghan Hennig of GeekChic Weddings & Events
- Kellie Yellowega of Yellow Birch Floral & Design
- Shelley Bencharski of Planned Perfectly
- Casey Nolin of Casey Nolin Photography
- Nefertiti Bergen of Neffi Bergen Photography
- Mandy Wright of Mandy Wright Photography
- Melanie Parent of Melanie Parent Events
- Deb Tycholiz, Susan Chura and Robyn Laurie Sugden of A Perfect Ceremony I Do!
- Dean Lim Villanueva of Dean Rover Films
- Colleen Olafson of Colleen Olafson Marriage Commissioner
- Brianna and Grant of Nomad Box Bar
- Kelly Dwyer of C&T Rentals
- Corey Jonasson of COJO Photo
- Alexandra Johnson of Xandra Photography
- Megan Steen of Megan Steen Photography
- AJ Batac of AJ Batac Photography
- Curtis Moore of Moore Photography
May this video give you as much hope, love and light that it gave me in putting it together. Planning is what we do best, so send me a message if you need any help!
Written on March 31, 2020
Vendor sign up April 1, 2020
Assigned lines on April 2, 2020
Video submitted by April 3, 2020
Editing on April 4, 2020
Final cut on April 5, 2020
Published on April 6, 2020